Media Advisory: Agenda Highlights for Regular Council Meeting on June 7, 2018
June 6, 2018
What: Among the items to be heard at tomorrow's regular meeting of the New Orleans City Council:
- The Council will consider an ordinance, which was introduced by Council Vice President Helena Moreno on May 24, to establish uniform sexual harassment policies, procedures, and penalties.
- The Council will consider a resolution expressing its commitment to protecting those at risk from domestic violence.
- The Council will honor the life and legacy of New Orleans culinary icon Ella Brennan, who passed away on May 31.
- The Council will consider a motion to reauthorize the Neighborhood Conservation District Advisory Committee for an additional year from July 1, 2018, through June 30, 2019.
- The Council will consider a resolution to officially name cameras mounted around the city as "Quality and Neighbor Safety Cameras (QNSCs)" in an effort to ensure the security of New Orleans streets and residents.
- Additionally, the Council will receive a special presentation from the Hoffman Early Learning Center on the necessity of early childhood education in the City of New Orleans.
- The Council will also consider establishing designated "Clean Zones" for the 2018 Essence Music Festival.
- Please note: The Council will NOT take action on Ordinance No. 32,288 to establish a temporary moratorium on the issuance of permits and licenses relative to Temporary and Commercial Short-Term Rentals (STRs).
To view the regular meeting agenda, click here.
Thursday, June 7, 2018, at 10 a.m.
City Council Chamber
City Hall, 1300 Perdido St.
Chief of Staff
<< Back to News