Media Advisory: Agenda Highlights for Regular Council Meeting on February 8, 2018
February 7, 2018
What: Among the items to be heard at tomorrow's regular City Council meeting:
- The Council will receive a presentation from the Advocacy Center of Louisiana in celebration of its 41st anniversary.
- The Council will consider a text amendment to the City's Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance (CZO) to delete standards for 'Maximum Lot Coverage' where currently applied in the 'Site Design Standards' and other articles.
- The Council will consider an ordinance to amend the City Code relative to juvenile warnings and summonses.
- The Council will consider a CZO amendment to allow multi-family dwellings as a permitted use in the MI Maritime Industrial District.
- The Council will consider an ordinance to amend City Code requirements for communication franchises to establish permits and fees for the installation of wireless communication equipment.
- The Council will consider authorizing the Mayor to enter into a Cooperative Endeavor Agreement between the City, the New Orleans Recreation Development Commission (NORDC) and Transitional Spaces to coordinate programs and activities conducted at the Parisite Skate Park.
- The Council will possibly consider an ordinance to revoke the street dedication for a portion of South Miro Street known as the South Miro Street Parcel and authorize a sale at public auction.
- Please note: The Council has deferred action on the amendment package to the Master Plan to the meeting on Thursday, Feb. 22. To review the proposed amendments or submit public comment, click here.
This will be the Council's third off-site regular meeting at the Orleans Parish School Board (OPSB) Central Offices due to renovations of the Council Chamber at City Hall. Subscribe to New Orleans City Council on YouTube or tune in to local Cox channel 6 for live meeting coverage. To view the regular meeting agenda, click here.
Thursday, February 8, 2018, at 10 a.m.
OPSB Central Offices
3520 General DeGaulle Drive
New Orleans, LA 70114
Click here for RTA routes from downtown
<< Back to News