Media Advisory: Agenda Highlights for Regular Council Meeting on July 27, 2017
July 26, 2017
What: Among the agenda items scheduled to be heard at tomorrow's regular City Council meeting:
- The Council will vote on the proposed text and map amendments to the City's Master Plan also known as the Plan for the 21st Century: New Orleans 2030.
- For more information on the amendments, click here.
- The Council will receive a presentation from Dr. Corey Hebert, Bishop Tom Watson, Dr. Takeisha Davis, John Gregory, Dr. Eric Griggs and Dr. Kevin Stephens on the Second Annual African American Male Wellness Walk taking place September 30, 2017, in New Orleans East.
- The Council will consider an ordinance to clarify that certain records of the New Orleans Police Department (NOPD) are exempt from disclosure to the public if being utilized in ongoing criminal investigations or prosecutions.
- The Council will consider a series of ordinances to appropriate funds to the Department of Property Management for operational costs of the new low barrier homeless shelter located at the former Veterans Affairs (VA) hospital.
- Additionally, the Council will receive a presentation from representatives of the Crescent City Community Land Trust on their commitment to the City's long-term renewal.
- The Council will celebrate Le Petit Theatre's 100th Anniversary with a presentation from Artistic Director Maxwell Williams and a performance by Idella Johnson and Kebron Woodfin.
- The Council will possibly confirm the appointment of the employee representative member of the Civil Service Commission.
To view the regular meeting agenda, click here.
Thursday, July 27, 2017, at 10 a.m.
City Council Chamber
City Hall, 1300 Perdido St.
Cleveland Spears, III
<< Back to News