Media Advisory: Agenda Highlights for Regular Council Meeting on April 6, 2017
April 5, 2017
What: Among the agenda items scheduled to be heard at tomorrow's regular City Council meeting:
- The Council will welcome local business owners and community leaders for their generosity in supplying thousands of dinners in the wake of the devastating tornado that touched down in New Orleans East.
- The Council will consider amending the Code of the City of New Orleans relative to the mayoralty permit fee schedule for bed and breakfasts.
- The Council will hear a presentation and recognize the contributions of the Louisiana Consular Corps and the importance of the international community in New Orleans.
- The Council will consider an ordinance authorizing the Mayor to enter into a Cooperative Endeavor Agreement between the City, the Downtown Development District (DDD), and the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center pertaining to the redevelopment of the former Veterans Affairs hospital into a new low-barrier homeless shelter.
- The Council will consider a resolution declaring April as Fair Housing Month in celebration of the passing of the Fair Housing Act.
- The Council will consider an ordinance authorizing the Mayor to enter into a Cooperative Endeavor Agreement between the City and the Public Belt Railroad Commission (PBRR) to enhance public safety along railroad tracks through the cross-training of New Orleans Fire Department (NOFD) and PBRR employees.
To view the regular meeting agenda, click here.
Thursday, April 6, 2017, at 10 a.m.
City Council Chamber
City Hall, 1300 Perdido St.
Cleveland Spears, III
<< Back to News