Media Advisory: Agenda Highlights for Regular Council Meeting on May 3, 2018
May 2, 2018
What: Among the items to be heard at tomorrow's last regular meeting of the City Council with its current membership:
- The Council will hear a presentation from family members of New Orleans legend Fats Domino honoring the late musician's legacy as the true king of Rock and Roll. The Council will also consider a resolution for the honorary renaming of the street he called home, Caffin Avenue, as Antoine "Fats" Domino Drive.
- The Council will consider a series of ordinances to appropriate funds from Intergovernmental Transfers to sponsor youth programming.
- The Council will consider an ordinance to authorize the Mayor to enter into a Cooperative Endeavor Agreement between the City and the New Orleans Regional Black Chamber of Commerce for the provision of financial resources for industry-specific programming for small and local businesses.
- The Council will consider a motion to approve amendments to the Classified Pay Plan regarding pay raises in an effort to address recruitment and retention concerns throughout City government.
- Additionally, the Council will consider a motion directing the City Planning Commission to conduct a public hearing to consider revising the setback requirements and other development standards for residential uses in the EC Educational Campus District.
- The Council will also receive a presentation honoring Collegiate Academies promoting Senior Signing Day.
To view the regular meeting agenda, click here.
Thursday, May 3, 2018, at 10 a.m.
City Council Chamber
Interim Chief of Staff
<< Back to News