As Chair of the Council's Transportation and Airport Committee, Council Councilmember Jared C. Brossett drafted an ordinance to create the Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety Advisory Committee (PBSAC) because the City of New Orleans needs a balanced transportation network that includes strategic enhancements to provide safer, more convenient travel for all roadway users including bicyclists, pedestrians, public transit users, children, seniors and persons with disabilities.
The PBSAC is a citizen advisory committee established for a one year term as a forum for open communication and information exchange between the City Council, city departments and agencies, public transit providers, community advocates, and citizens regarding safe walking and bicycling practices. The Committee will also present relevant findings to the City Council's Transportation and Airport Committee at the end of its term.
Members of the Committee must hold a meeting at least once per quarter to receive input from the public and discuss the best practices and standards that foster a bicycling and walking environment that is safe, inviting, and convenient for active transportation and recreation in New Orleans.
The PBSAC is made up of seven City Council appointees; one Mayoral appointee; and one representative from the Department of Public Works, the City Planning Commission, the Health Department, the Human Relations Commission, and the Regional Transit Authority. Each of the following members is serving a one year term on a volunteer basis.
- At Large "A" Appointee - Vacant
- At Large "B" Appointee - Marin Tockman, Secretary
- District "A" Appointee - Vacant
- District "B" Appointee - Tara Tolford
- District "C" Appointee - Vacant
- District "D" Appointee - Karen Parsons, Chair
- District "E" Appointee - Vacant
- Mayoral Appointee - Dwight Norton
- City Planning Commission Representative - Stosh Kozlowski
- Department of Health Representative - Chris Gunther
- Department of Public Works Representative - Louis Haywood
- Regional Transit Authority Representative - Shulond S. Myer
- ADA Administrator - Page McCranie
- March 17, 2016
- February 25, 2016
- February 23, 2016
- January 8, 2016
- December 17, 2015
- December 1, 2015
- August 21, 2015
- September 14, 2015
- October 9, 2015
- November 6, 2015
- December 4, 2015
<< Back to Committees