What: Among the Agenda items scheduled to be heard at tomorrow's Regular City Council meeting:
- Resolution calling upon Orleans Parish Sheriff Marlin Gusman to safely and expeditiously remove from Orleans Parish Prison all Plaquemines Parish prisoners and Louisiana Department of Corrections-sentenced inmates to retrofit the 4th floor of the Phase II facility with appropriate facilities for providing medical and mental health care and treatment to inmates.
- Ordinance to amend the City Code relative to pedestrian use of roadways and appropriate and prohibited crossings.
- Ordinance to authorize the Mayor to enter into a Cooperative Endeavor Agreement between the City and the Sewerage and Water Board of New Orleans to implement Green Infrastructure/Low Impact Development practices to help prevent water quality degradation and reduce flooding potential.
- Ordinance to authorize the Mayor to enter into a Memorandum of Understanding between the City and SMG to allow New Orleans Police Department officers to continue to provide security services at SMG managed facilities through the City's Office of Police Secondary Employment. (Expected to be addressed at 12:30 p.m.)
- Ordinance to authorize the Mayor to enter into a Cooperative Endeavor Agreement between the City and the State of Louisiana (Governor's Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness) to allow and facilitate hazard mitigation projects at Criminal District Court.
- Presentation recognizing the National Baptist Convention, USA, Inc. for the 134th Annual Session of the National Baptist Convention, and Resolution declaring the week of September 1, 2014 as National Baptist Convention Week.
- Presentation recognizing Freddie "Big Freedia" Ross, New Orleans' own M.C., performer, ambassador of bounce music, and star of FUSE TV's reality show "Big Freedia: Queen of Bounce."
>> READ MORE